Monday, September 15, 2008

Frustration

I asked a simple question and people took it immaturely. I am frustrated because people don't think before they speak, they don't care who gets hurt. I asked "Why do we really need eyes?" It is a serious question. Everyone laughed and said simply to see. That is not what I meant. There are blind people, many blind people and they function just fine. They have jobs, they can speak, they can hear, they can even read because of Brail. So why is that such a stupid question? Why is the only answer that is given is "So they can see?" That is really dumb... Just really, really frustrated for no reason.

Still thinking about now senses or eyes in general. My mom suggested having an optic clinic of some sort but that is more of a action rather than a question or what I want answered.... I still like the idea of the purposes behind eyes rather than seeing.

I defintatly like this idea with eyes... What if I were to try to function while blindfolded for a week.... Maybe compare blind to being able to see. Talk to someone who lost their site at birth compared to someone who lost during childhood... It sounds worth doing and I would love to hear a seriuos opinion on this and what they think...

2 comments:

Joseph Vogel said...

(this is a response to your comment on mine)
Names will be changed and such in my project.
I was going to talk to one of the councilors but i wasn't sure which one...
Even outside of school, I'm friends with a few people who were put in mental care and were treated, so i could figure out what worked for them, and what failed.
Thank you for your suggestions and such Shannon

Kristen Dixon said...

People will allways be immiture. When first posed with that question though, that is normally the first thing that comes to mind.

Perhaps rather than why we need them, it would be more of a question as what is life like without them?
Perhaps it may be how blind people have other more developed senses, and how that might help them more than it would help a person who could see???

I'm not sure if any of that makes sense, but thank you for your feedback on my blg. Your comments encourage me to actually do something with this whole color and emotion thing. =D